The Yiddish language test will last an hour and consist of the following:
- a short aural comprehension test (English questions and answers to a Yiddish recording) 15%
- a fill-in-the-gap text 15%
- a reading comprehension (Yiddish text with questions in English) 20%
- a text in which you’ll be asked to underline loshn-koydesh words 15%
- a short text that tests your YIVO transliteration skills 15%
- a short text that tests your command of cursive script (you will be asked to copy a short printed text into cursive) 20%
If you have a question about this examination, please raise it below in the comment field.